Sunday, May 30, 2010

Nice Weather

It has been pretty hot all week in the upper 80s and I'm so glad that we have central air here at home. My car doesn't have any air at the moment and the kids wonder why I'm in a hurry to get home when we are out doing things, of course they are kids and like to be outside in this weather. We took the kids to the Indianapolis Zoo on Friday so they could see the new Cheetah exhibit before the public gets to see them. They had a great time and we all decided to play in the water at the little water park for kids. We were walking around the zoo completely soaked from water but it felt good to be cooled off in the hot sun.

We did have plans on fishing this weekend with the kids and get together with some friends for a cookout but that plan didn't go well so we just took the kids out for dinner and some ice cream. The kids were a little upset that we didn't go fishing but they enjoyed going out to get some ice cream. My husband wants to take a trip to Chicago this summer so we can take the kids to the Izanami. I think we all would enjoy that, I've never been to Chicago so it would be great to get away for a weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Nancy,

    It sounds like you and your family had a great time this weekend. It has been really hot here too! I do not blame you for wanting to make your car ride as quick as it can be if you do not have any air for the car. I love that kids enjoy whatever weather. Meanwhile, as adults, we are sweltering in the heat.
    The zoo is a great place to take kids. We have a few zoos near me and each time I have went, it has been a great time. I wish our zoos here had a water park for the kids though. Especially in the hottest summer months.
    I have always wanted to go to Chicago too! Do you live close? I have never heard of the Izanami. Is that a zoo? Anyway, sounds like you would all have fun. I hope you get to go!

    Have a great week!

    Missie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy, go to Chicago!! There is so much for you all to do as a family and your kids will love it! I'm a little biased, as it's my hometown, but I promise, you'll have a blast.

    ReplyDelete